In this cooking video we will see an Indian Recipe How to make Ginger chutney / inji chutney. Inji chutney / Ginger chutney is prepared with ginger, red chillies, onion, tomato, tamarind and salt. It can be served as a side dish for idly, dosa this ginger chutney has prepared without coconut. Ginger helps to boost immunity.
பத்து இட்லி சாப்பிடலாம் இந்த சட்னிக்கு | Inji chutney recipe in tamil | Ginger Chutney for idly dosa
#injichutney #gingerchutney #sidedishforidlydosa #chutneyfordosa #annaisamayal Video Rating: / 5
Pudina / mint 1 bunch
Oil 2 tsp
Shallots 10 / Onion medium sized 1/2
green chillies 3
Ginger small piece
Chana dal 1 tbsp
Grated coconut 2 tbsp
Tamarind 1 small piece
salt to taste
For Tempering :-
Oil 1 tsp
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Urad dal 1/2 tsp
Few curry leaves
Written Recipe :-
Add oil to a pan..Once the oil is hot , add chana dal..fry until golden brown and then add shallots , green chillies, garlic ,ginger ..fry for 2 mins..Now add grated coconut and tamarind..fry for a minute ..Turn off the flame..Once cooled completely ,grind Smoothly..
For tempering , add oil, mustard seeds, urad dal and few curry leaves..fry all these ingredients and finally add the temper to the prepared mint chutney..
ta da our Healthy pudina chutney is ready to be served with Idli Dosa Upma or Appam..
Plz do try and share ur feedbacks..If u like my recipe plz LIKE and SHARE 😊
For making special spicy sandwich chutney
• Fresh Coriander leaves 1 big bunch
• Fresh Spinach 6-7 leaves (blanched)
• Green chillies 10-12 nos.
• Sandwich masala 1 tsp / to taste
• Garlic 4-5 cloves
• Roasted chana dal 1 tbsp
• Fresh Curry leaves 10-12 nos.
• Water very little
• Wash the coriander leaves well and transfer it to the grinding jar, you can also choose to use coriander stems as they too are full of flavours, add blanched spinach leaves, green chillies, garlic, curry leaves and roasted chana dal, grind well into a fine paste, adjust the consistency by adding water, but use as less water as possible.
• Make sure the chutney should be thick enough to apply on the bread. Your chutney is ready to be used as a spread on your sandwich, you can also store it in an airtight container and refrigerate it for couple of days.
• You must have noticed the quantity of chillies used is too much for making this special spicy sandwich chutney, but this gives the special character to the sandwich, reason being, there’s lot of moisture in the chutney so the chefs and the street vendors just apply it little bit so the sandwich gets its spicy taste and they don’t have to apply too much which apparently makes the bread soggy.
Tip: street vendors use breadcrumbs to thicken the chutney, but as we are making this back at home chana dal is a perfect substitute to thicken the chutney. If you wish to add breads to it, you can add one bread slice to make it thick.
Special sandwich masala
• Whole spices
1. Jeera (cumin seeds) 2 tbsp
2. Cloves 2 tsp
3. Peppercorns 1 tbsp
4. Fennel seeds 1 tbsp
• Powdered spices
1. Amchur powder 1 tbsp
2. Anardana powder 1 tbsp
3. Ginger powder ½ tsp
4. Hing ½ tsp
5. Black salt 1 tbsp
• Salt 2.5 tbsp
• Set a pan on medium heat, add the whole spice and anardana powder, dry roast them until fragrant, take it off from the gas and allow it to cool down.
• Transfer the roasted spices to a grinding jar, further add the powdered spices and salt, grind it well into a fine powder.
• Your special sandwich masala is ready, use it accordingly and store it in an airtight container in a cool and dry place.
• Please do make this masala to give your sandwich it’s distinct flavour, as the vegetables are bland in taste and this special sandwich masala has more of salt content which balances the flavour, if you do not wish to stretch the process of making this you can simply add 2 parts of chaat masala and 1 part of salt, this will do the work.
Assembly of sandwich
• Bread slices as required
• Special spicy sandwich chutney as required
• Soften butter as required (kept outside for couple of hours)
• Special sandwich masala as required
1. Potatoes (boiled & sliced)
2. Beetroot (boiled & sliced)
3. Onions (sliced)
4. Tomatoes (sliced)
5. Cucumber (sliced)
• Take 2 sandwich bread slice, you can prefer any sandwich bread, it could be brown bread, multigrain bread, I’ll be using a white sandwich bread, as I’m making it pure Bombay street style sandwich, so we’ll start by trimming of the corners & edges on all four sides and apply sufficient amount of butter and then apply chutney on it, do not apply the chutney first as the bread will become soggy.
• Place the sliced vegetables and sprinkle a pinch of special sandwich masala after every slice or may at the last as you preference.
• Place another bread slice that we applied butter & chutney and close it to make a sandwich, cut into 2 pieces, or 4 or 6, you cut in triangle or squares as you prefer, but again this is pure Bombay street style sandwich so ill cut in six pieces.
• Spread little butter on top and some chutney to give the look and feel of street style sandwich Serve it immediately.
• You can also choose to toast them by tweaking it a little bit, you don’t need to trim the edges and instead of cucumber you can choose to add capsicum or tweak the addition of veggies according to your taste preference, the assembly of sandwich remains the same.
• Toast the sandwich in the street style toaster or you can also toast them on pan by applying butter. Toast it on both the sides until crisp and golden brown. Toast as many as you wish to.
• Your sandwich is ready, cut into your preferred shape and serve immediately by apply little butter and serve with ketchup, green chutney or any dip of your choice.
The Music I use in All my videos – https://bit.ly/3g4OjmW
(Best for independent creators)
Follow us on all platforms:
Facebook – https://goo.gl/rxrqsq
Instagram – https://goo.gl/rK6wFS
Twitter – https://goo.gl/lDfrrQ
Follow my personal handles here: (Chef Sanjyot Keer)
Facebook – https://goo.gl/8zcF6N
Instagram – https://goo.gl/ayTNLP Video Rating: / 5